Broadly speaking, my current works examine when and how leaders use state apparatus to repress opposition in authoritarian countries. In this venture, I combine innovative quantitative methodologies with in-depth interviews and fieldwork.
Published or Forthcoming
- Yusuf Evirgen. 2019. ‘Political Islam in Tunisia: The History of Ennahda’ Insight Turkey, Vol. 21, No.1, pp. 235-237
Research in Progress
- A Gift for an Autocrat: Failed Coup
- More Violence More Rewards: Appointment of Governors and Chiefs of Police in Turkey (With Merve Kurt)
- Mobilization Under Populist-Authoritarian Government: Women’s Movement in Turkey (With Merve Kurt)
- The Role of Local Government in Refugee Integration Policies: A Comparative Analysis (With Rabia Karakaya Polat)